IML Printing on PP cups: what does that mean?
IML (In-Mould Labelling) are applied to plastic cups.
In this case, a foil with a print is placed in the mold before the plastic is sprayed. The foil is then clamped between the two layers of plastic of the cup, so that the print is permanently attached to the cup.
Result: the label and the product form one whole.
This is a popular technique for printing cups for fast food chains, coffee shops, events and for promotional and advertising purposes.
Here are some advantages of IML printing on PP cups:
The advantages of this technique:
1. High durability: The print is permanently incorporated into the cup, making it resistant to water, scratches and fading.
2. High quality print: IML technology allows the manufacturer to make a higher resolution print, making the logo or image clearer and sharper.
3. Cost-effective: IML technology does not require separate packaging, so there are no additional costs for packaging materials.
4. Variety of printing options: IML technology allows the manufacturer to produce full color, photographic quality prints, with the ability to vary from standard text to detailed images.
5. Ecologically responsible: IML technology produces little waste and is recycling friendly.
6. Accelerated production process: IML technology makes it possible to make the print in one step, making the production process faster and more efficient.
7. Attractive for customers: Personalized PP cups with IML printing are an attractive way to promote a brand or company and ensure recognition among customers.